WHEN TO BOOK
• The best time for your session is somewhere around 34-36 weeks.
Your belly will be nice and full and you don't want to wait until the very last week.
• Partners are encouraged to be involved in the session. One of the most important things we can do to create beautiful maternity photographs is highlight your relationship. The timeless, elegant shots happen when the couple is being close to one another, in embrace or laughter.
•These sessions will take
a bit longer while your photographer works for the perfect shot with your child
STYLE - ALL COVERED UP | SOME SKIN | TASTEFUL NUDITY
• Some mums are after just a 'light, fun mood' to the session. Some mums want to show a more arty, intimate side. Some mums want both!
When you speak with Madelaine to reserve your session it is important to discuss the types of photographs you are after.
The photographs are very personal and the session will be customized to your wishes.
• All personal parts will be concealed with shadows or fabrics for modesty.
WHAT TO WEAR
• Solid colors work the best
• Pre-maternity button-up shirts are great for letting your belly peak out.
The only button that actually needs to be buttoned is at the bust line.
• Tight camis
• Non-maternity jeans the still fit you in the legs.
• Dresses and shirts with an empire waste
(fabric gathers right under the bust line)
•Your photographer will have all the necessary materials needed for nude photographs.
WHEN TO BOOK
• It is never too early to book a newborn session. As a matter of fact, you should reserve your session as soon as you annouce your pregnancy. If you are given an induction or c-section date, the actual session date can be scheduled in advance.
If you are letting baby decide, I can tentatively book around your due date and expect a call from you as soon as baby arrives to adjust the
actual session date.
• Newborn sessions are held within the first 2
weeks of life, ideally between days 6-10.
Babies at this age are more sleepy and flexible and we are able to capture all those tiny details that are only present for a short time. Older newborns tend to sleep less and sleep lighter and do not curl up as
easily, also at around 2 weeks newborn acne and colic may flare up.
WHAT TO EXPECT
• You can expect a newborn session may last 2-3 hours, allowing plenty of time for feeding, comforting, changing and posing.
• As most photos will be taken bare skinned, which requires the studio to be a toasty temp of between 25-30 degrees ( Mums & dads be sure to where short sleeves!!)
• All parents need to do is sit back and relax while Madelaine combines both her photographic talent and ability to gently handle her newborn subjects to create distinct portraits that will be cherished fo a lifetime.
WHAT TO BRING
• As newborn sessions are usually taken bare skinned, you need to bring minimal items such as spare nappies, a warm wrap, dummies.
• You may wish to bring along a special blanket, toy to be photographed with the newborn.
One of my favorite ages to photograph would have
to be babies around 7- 9 months old. They tend to be very happy and full of smiles.Sessions are relaxed and a lot of fun.